By John E. Morley, Bruno Vellas, Alan J. Sinclair, Matteo Cesari, Medha Munshi
Pathy’s PRINCIPLES AND PRACTICE OF GERIATRIC MEDICINE
The latest edition of the gold standard in geriatric medicine references
Pathy’s Principles and Practice of Geriatric Medicine, Sixth Edition delivers a comprehensive overview of the subject, offering up-to-date, evidence-based, information about the many, and varied, problems suffered by ageing patients.
In this latest edition, the authors take a refreshed approach to the material by rigorously applying the latest scientific research to clinical practice and increasing the use of visual examples, algorithms, and clinical practice points. Thoroughly updated throughout, the chapters give readers a truly global perspective on geriatric medicine that reflect the most recent changes in treatment options and medical conditions.
In addition to new chapters on a range of recent and emerging topics, clinical practice points, and visual evidence—including MRI scans—the book also offers a:
- Thorough introduction to relevant biological, social, and community perspectives on caring for mature and ageing patients, as well as medicine prescribing for older patients
- Comprehensive exploration of eating disorders that commonly occur in the aged and how to maximize the nutritional health of ageing patients
- Practical discussions of haematological and cardiovascular disorders and diseases in ageing patients
- In-depth examination of special issues in elder care, including elder abuse, alcoholism and substance abuse, transportation issues, and end-of-life care
Perfect for all clinicians working with mature patients, Pathy’s Principles and Practice of Geriatric Medicine will also continue to earn a place in the libraries of allied healthcare workers with ageing patients and clients.
- Publisher : Wiley-Blackwell; 6th edition (February 22, 2022)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 1856 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1119484200
- ISBN-13 : 978-1119484202