Hospital care models are transforming, and nurse practitioners and physician assistants play vital roles in the care delivery of hospitalized patients. Hospital Medicine from Admission to Discharge: Inpatient Medicine for NPs & PAs – Online fills your continuing medical education needs. This course emphasizes the clinical management of hospitalized patients with evidence-based lectures by experts in treatment pathways from admission to discharge.
This online CME course is designed for Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants who care for patients in the inpatient setting. We emphasize clinical management of hospitalized patients by experts in treatment pathways from admission to discharge. This course is specifically geared toward Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants as well as advanced practice nurses, registered nurses and other health care providers who care for hospitalized patients.
Upon completion of this course, learners should be able to:
– Identify current evidence-based practice recommendations in specialties such as cardiology, infectious disease, nephrology, gastroenterology, and hospital medicine.
– Recall when and how to initiate appropriate and timely consultation with specialty services.
– Recall and discuss practice updates for patients with sepsis to decrease in-hospital mortality, length of stay, and improve patient outcomes.
– Recall three daily priorities when caring for multiple, high acuity hospitalized patients.
– Recall how to provide high-level care to all patients based on the most recent practice guidelines, medical evidence, and standards of care.