In the past year, there have been a number of very significant clinical changes that affect the practice of anesthesiology. This comprehensive CME program provides a special and timely opportunity for anesthesiologists, nurse anesthetists and others with interest in the field to hear directly from world-renowned specialists and master clinicians about these changes.
The curriculum at Anesthesiology Update 2022 ensures not only that attendees leave with a comprehensive understanding of the latest advances, risk mitigation strategies and anesthesiology guidelines, but also with specific recommendations to incorporate these updates into practice.
The format is engaging and attendees are encouraged to pose questions of the national and international experts who will be delivering the updates and education at this event.
Updates, best practices and new guidelines cover:
- Anesthesia mortality and complications
- COVID-19 and the anesthesia practitioner
- Care of the parturient
- Complex clinical challenges
- Ideal monitor of awareness
- Simpler enhanced recovery bundle
- Non-operating room anesthesia: advances and challenges
- Carbon footprint of volaile anesthetic agents
- Neurotoxicity in infants
- Sex, gender and perioperative outcomes
- Management of perioperative brain and heart failure
- Artificial intelligence in anesthesia practice
- Point-of-care ultrasound
- Postoperative cognitive dysfunction: risk management
- Perioperative acute kidney injury
- Value-based care in geriatric patients
- Perioperative issues for gender-diverse youth
- Minimizing complications in regional anesthesia
- Clinician wellness
- The critically ill patient in the operating room
- Risk mitigation
- End-of-life care
Participants will take away important guidelines and checklists that they can put to immediate use in their anesthesia practice.
Who Should Attend
- Nurse Anesthetists
- Anesthesiologist Assistants
- Residents and Fellows
- Student Nurse Anesthetists