Upper Extremity Musculoskeletal Ultrasound Protocols
Upper Extremity Musculoskeletal Ultrasound Protocols Training Video is designed to provide a live demonstration of standard protocols utilized to evaluate the shoulder, elbow, hand and wrist. The demonstrations are presented using a picture-in- picture format allowing the participant to simultaneously view the transducer position and ultrasound image.
Video Length: 00:55:00
- Increase the participants’ knowledge to better perform and/or interpret MSK ultrasound examinations.
- Implement techniques and protocols for performing shoulder, elbow, hand and wrist ultrasound examinations.
- Identify normal anatomy during upper extremity MSK imaging.
Physicians, sonographers, PAs and NPs, and other medical professionals who are involved with performing and/or interpreting musculoskeletal ultrasound examinations. Physician participants may include (but are not limited to) radiologists, sports medicine, orthopedics, rheumatology, PM & R, emergency medicine, primary care and physical therapy, and chiropractic medicine.
The Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This course also meets CME/CEU requirements for ARDMS. Note: While offering the CME credit hours noted above, activities are not intended to provide extensive training or certification for exam performance or interpretation.
- Normal Ultrasound Anatomy and Protocols for the Shoulder, Elbow, Hand/Wrist
- Normal Ultrasound Characteristics for the Shoulder, Elbow, Hand/Wrist
- Shoulder Exam:
- Biceps Tendon
- Subscapularis Tendon
- Rotator Cuff
- Supraspinatus Tendon
- Rotator Cuff Interval
- Infraspinatus Tendon
- Acromioclavicular Joint
- Glenohumeral Joint
- Shoulder Impingement Syndrome
- Elbow Exams:
- Anterior Elbow Views (Short and Long Axis)
- Medial Epicondyle
- Posterior Elbow Views (Short and Long Axis)
- Ulnar Nerve
- Ulnar Nerve Subluxation
- Wrist and Hand Exam:
- Median Nerve