– Demonstrate the participants knowledge to better perform and/or interpret trauma ultrasound examinations.
– State the basic fundamentals of ultrasound physics and demonstrate appropriate optimization of system controls.
– Perform ultrasound evaluation of the trauma patient and pneumothorax (e-FAST).
– Demonstrate scan protocols for focused evaluation of the adult heart.
– State an algorithm for uses of bedside ultrasound for differential diagnosis of shock in a trauma patient.
– Recognize the sonographic appearance of individual nerves and list the advantages provided when ultrasound is used for performing regional nerve blocks.
– Perform ultrasound evaluation of the lung, ocular, soft-tissue, musculoskeletal, and fractures.
– Perform ultrasound-guided vascular access.
– Imaging Fundamentals
– Abdominal Scanning Fundamentals
– Ultrasound in Trauma (E-FAST)
– Focused Cardiac Ultrasound: 2D Cardiac Views, Differential Diagnosis of Shock in Trauma
– Ultrasound-Guided Vascular Access
– Soft Tissue/MSK Ultrasound in Trauma
– Ultrasound-Guided Nerve Blocks
– Advanced Ultrasound-Guided Procedures
– Cases in Trauma
Date of Original Release: 8/22/2019