Introduction to Thyroid Ultrasound Online Course is designed to improve the participant’s knowledge and competence to better perform and/or interpret thyroid ultrasound examinations. Imaging fundamentals, thyroid anatomy, scan techniques, normal sonographic characteristics, evaluation of thyroid nodules, diffuse thyroid disorders and other neck pathology are discussed. In addition, ultrasound-guided interventional techniques and case studies are included. This online course is designed in a modular format and includes a combination of online video lectures, case presentations, and related online activities Enrollment is valid for 12 months (365 days) and begins the moment the participant is enrolled. Extend your online course access another 3 months with the addition of an onsite hands-on workshop or registration for a regularly scheduled GCUS scan workshop.
- Increase the participant’s knowledge to better perform and/or interpret thyroid ultrasound examinations.
- State the basic fundamentals of ultrasound physics and demonstrate appropriate optimization of system controls.
- Perform routine protocols associated with evaluation of the thyroid.
- Recognize normal thyroid ultrasound characteristics.
- Identify ultrasound characteristics of benign and suspicious thyroid nodules.
- Recognize ultrasound characteristics of diffuse thyroid disorders (Hashimoto’s, Graves, thyroiditis).
- Outline the ultrasound examination protocols of the neck in patients with thyroid cancer for identification of recurrent/residual disease.
- Perform ultrasound evaluation of lymph nodes, vocal cords, and non-thyroid neck anatomy.
- List available interventions for ultrasound of the neck including the various ultrasound-guided fine needle aspiration techniques.
- Cervical Ultrasound Imaging Fundamentals
- Thyroid Anatomy, Scan Techniques, Imaging Protocols and Normal Ultrasound Characteristics
- Ultrasound Evaluation of Thyroid Nodules
- Ultrasound Evaluation of Diffuse Thyroid Disorders
- Ultrasound Evaluation of Lymph Nodes, Vocal Cords, and Non-Thyroid Neck Anatomy
- Ultrasound-Guided Interventional Techniques
- Thyroid Case Studies
Date of Original Release: 8/31/2021